A selection of e-mails and messages to Carry On Langport last month.
Dear Carry On Langport,
We had a lovely time visiting your town last week but I'm afraid it all turned sour on our last day.
On the Friday we won a raffle at a cafe on Bow Street and realised we'd won the top prize, an appointment at Langport Surgery.
Unfortunately we were then mugged on North Street and lost our ticket to someone who was also dying, on fire and in desperate need of a GP's opinion.
So we walked down to the chemists, where, after rolling their eyes back and saying "not another one" they gave us some wonderful advice.
If only all of us had been diverting our N.I payments to Boots all these years.
Looking forward to your next raffle!
Yours,
Richard & Hyacinth Bucket.
________________________________
To the local blogger,
I've been a landscape gardener in the area for many years and just wanted to say I have a late summer special offer on hanging baskets at the moment - petunia, begonia, geranium - that sort of thing.
I was wondering if the reception window at the doctor's wanted anything?
I mean they're not being used for anything else at the moment, right? Not like people can make appointments there is it?
How about forget-me-nots? In memory of Mrs Phillips? She wouldn't have told you to go away and try again at home.
She must be spinning in her grave.
Selwyn Froggett.
_________________________________
Dear Madame,
I live in a rather empty flat above the chemist on Cheapside in Langport.
My son-in-law's a builder and architect and has come up with a marvellous idea.
In my flat, just upstairs - how about creating a waiting room, bar, cafe and casino for all those people sent over by the surgery because the GPs there can't be arsed to see them unless they go online first?
We also thought we'd put up posters of Hattie Jacques, Pete Nightingale, Kenneth Williams, Liz Nightingale and Barbara Windsor - as a reminder of when local GP surgeries were somewhere you could walk in and make an appointment.
What a radical idea!
Many thanks.
Victor Meldrew.
_____________________________________
Thanks for the contributions.
Someone had to say it, eh.
😕
That's it for this evening folks.
carryonlangport.blogspot.com
Doing what the Western Gazette is supposed to since 2015
😊
