VIEWS SO FAR:

Carry On Langport's Archives

Friday 24 April 2015

MORE TEA VICAR?




Bits of conversations heard around Langport this week...

"I know what you mean Enid. I'm exactly the same. I just close my eyes, turn sideways slightly and hope for the best."  (2 pensioners discussing the perils of driving their Morris Minors through the Hanging Chapel)

"Apparently the harder you pull the longer it gets." (A woman discussing growing rhubarb with a friend at Kelways Nursery) 

"I only managed to push it up there once Doctor but I won't be doing it again" (Man discussing getting his wife's new wheelchair up the slope at Langport Post Office)

"I stood there with my legs apart but it didn't make a blind bit of difference" (sandal-wearing teenager complaining about splashback from the men's urinals at The Rose and Crown)

"Open the flaps twice a week unless your water changes colour" (Engineer to trainee at Pibsbury sluice gate)

"Bend over and put your fingers around the edge, try not to squeeze it too hard" (Manager at Langport Arms telling waitress how to get a fresh black forest gateau out of the deep freeze)