VIEWS SO FAR:

Carry On Langport's Archives

Sunday 3 July 2016

Linda Green Retires

 

Farewell knees-up at Langport Arms

Current and former colleagues and students of Huish Academy head of art Linda Green turned out at the Langport Arms last night to celebrate the much-loved teacher's retirement.

Several famous faces were spotted on the red carpet outside the venue as local journalists got their pictures and fans queued for autographs.

"Bugger off" said Mr Gray to one admirer, as his eyes rolled so far back in his head that onlookers ran away screaming.


Inside the party, there was a brief moment of panic when Mr Deeley danced so enthusiastically that  several admirers' phone numbers fell out of his back pocket.


"He was such a rascal" said Miss Caddy (pictured), as several middle-aged men reminded her of the trouble her short skirts used to get them in during French lessons.

 - and so it was the end of an era. 

The words "really good teacher" are often overused in nostalgic conversations about our school days. But Linda Green was exactly that. She shall be sorely missed and we wish her a happy retirement.


PS - I cheated in my 1983 art assessment Mrs Green. I got my cousin to do it and handed it in under my name. I'm really sorry, I just can't draw bowls of fruit.