VIEWS SO FAR:

Carry On Langport's Archives

Friday 6 September 2024

YOUR CORRESPONDENCE:

 


Letters (and parcel bombs) to the Editor

A selection of your e-mails and messages to Carry On Langport last month.


😊

 

Dear Sir,

While walking past Huish Academy one day last week, watching a teacher count the genders during a fire drill in the playground, I came across a group of 20-somethings from Essex who said they were lost and couldn't remember where their accommodation was.

They were all wearing 'bling', the women had more make-up on than Boy George when he gets out the shower and the men were in tight jeans and muscle shirts talking about how they don't need indicators on their BMWs.

I am pleased to say that I was able to help and sent them straight down to the former United Reform Church on Bow Street.

If anyone else finds a similar group of youngsters wondering around with the same problem, I suggest they do the same or send an emergency e-mail to info@halulaproperties.com

Yours,

 Percy Sugden.

*****

To Carry On Langport,

Can I just thank everyone who ran to my husband's aid when he passed out at a pub in your area recently.

After tests and scans at A&E in Taunton I am pleased to say it's nothing too serious.

The consultant identified the condition as 'SSS' or Sudden Shock Syndrome.

If anyone wants to read up on it and find out more then I would recommend visiting a website all about the problem.

Its address is:

elevenpoundsforalargeglassofrose@areyoufuckingkiddingme.com

Many thanks and thanks again to all those who picked him up off the floor that evening.

Margaret Meldrew.

*****

Dear Editor,

Does anyone know if there is wifi in the undercroft under the town hall in Langport?

My mother and I got lost in the Vintage Quarter last week (so many narrow streets and little lanes) and if we'd had a decent signal we would have been able to open Google Maps on our phones.

Many thanks.

Gail Tilsley.

*****

To the blogger,

Can I just thank Tesco in Langport who have changed my life in recent weeks.

I now walk so many 'steps' around the supermarket trying to find what I need that I've begun to lose weight and so I've cancelled my membership at Huish Leisure.

With the money saved I can now afford the store's weekly price rises.

Happy shopper here!

George Roper.

*****

Dear Madam,

Now that it's open again, I was wondering if I could move my night staff back to Priest Lane at the weekends?

If anyone knows who now runs the bookings rota, please let me know.

Regards,

Cynthia Payne 

*****

To Carry On Langport,

I suppose now that the Langport - Where It's To facebook page has been adopted by the Langport Area Business Group they'll be reigning it in a tad and we'll have to rely on you to provide the local 'filth' online.

No change there then.

Keep up the good work and don't let the buggers grindr you down!

Yours faithfully,

 


 The Vicar.

😂

That's it for now folks!

Thanks for the contributions, keep'em coming and carry on reading!

carryonlangport.blogspot.com

Also on Facebook & Instagram

😊