VIEWS SO FAR:

Carry On Langport's Archives

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Briton blasts into space...

 
 

Is Langport resident next?

As the country looks on in pride at Briton Tim Peake's arrival on the international space station this week, questions are being asked about whether a Langport or Huish resident should one day be sent into space. We asked shoppers in the alcohol aisle at Tesco for their thoughts.

"One of my predecessors?" said Langport Town Council Leader Janet Seaton, as she stocked up on Port, "Maybe I'll make a few suggestions in my Christmas Day broadcast."
"I can think of plenty" interrupted the vicar, thrusting a list of PCC members into our reporter's hand.
"So can I" added Huish Episcopi Parish Council Leader Shirley Nicholas, smuggling a bottle of Gordon's into her 'bag for life'.


Meanwhile Major Peake, in a special satellite link with Carry On Langport, says he has already passed over Somerset a number of times and thinks he's spotted a handful of local landmarks.
 "I saw Arthur Daley's car lot next to Eli's" he said, "there was an unlicensed hot tub next door to the Hanging Chapel and those Christmas lights on the B&B at Pibsbury kept most of the crew awake all last night."

Major Peake also had a few complaints about his experience so far.
"I can't pick up The Archers" he said, "and these foreigners I'm working with keep putting the milk over the teabag before the hotwater."

God Save The Queen.