VIEWS SO FAR:

Carry On Langport's Archives

Tuesday 13 March 2018

From Our Readers...


 

We strive to publish all correspondence with Carry On Langport but will refuse to print anything abusive or threatening.

(Reading on Facebook? Scroll to the bottom and click on the link to view the full post on carryonlangport.blogspot.com )
_________________________________________________

Editor,

Print anything about me again and I'll come and knock your teeth out.

Yours,

Name and address provided.

********************

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was wondering if you were organising any sort of emergency appeal for pupils at Huish Academy?

Looking out of my window at the top of St Mary's Park, it's been most distressing to see youngsters shivering in the cold in the playground every day recently...standing in lines with the headmaster looking at them furiously.

Rather oddly, there's always a bell ringing when this happens. I've rung Huish vicarage but they say it's nothing to do with the church.

Either way, I have already collected 200 blankets and 8 pairs of Long Johns. Please tell me what to do with them.

Many thanks,

Name & address supplied.

*******************

Dear Sir,

My wife and I had the most extraordinary experience last Friday afternoon.
We strolled over to Cocklemoor after lunch, sat on one of the riverside benches and soon found ourselves nodding off in the spring sunshine.
We woke up minutes later to find ourselves surrounded by a full forensics team from Langport Surgery with Dr Balai giving the wife the kiss of life and Vera Botting giving me a foot massage.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...you really can't beat the NHS.
Many thanks.

Name & address supplied.


*******************


To whom it may concern:

Could I pass on my apologies to the management team at the Halfway House at Pitney.

For one reason or another, my husband and I had to leave mother's Morris Minor in a pot hole in the car park last Sunday. If you look carefully, you can just see the aerial poking out the water.

Lovely roast though!

Yours,

Name & address provided.

********************

Editor,

I am writing to double-check an order you placed with our company two weeks ago. 
Is it correct that you want 30 copies of 'Park in the town centre and walk up!' delivered to the Freemason's lodge at the Hanging Chapel at Langport?
If so, please let us know by Monday and we will process your order.
On another matter, we are sorry but we have no more copies of 'How to get an ambulance or fire engine to the top of The Hill by parachute' which you have also ordered for the same address.
Many thanks,

Waterstones, Taunton

********************

If you'd like to have your correspondence posted on Carry On Langport, get in touch in the normal way.


😊


In the centre of Langport...

BOILERTEC & LANGPORT HARDWARE


Tel: 01458-259451

 ðŸ˜Š



Click on the link below to visit our website: